Hi! I’m Jehn, and I’m the Owner and Lead Fiber Artist at Stardream Stitchery. I’ve loved making things my whole life, but I couldn’t find the one craft that flicked all the switches. I’ve done cross stitch and hook rugs, built dollhouses, and tried my hand at writing and sketching. (I suck at both!) And then, magic happened.
In fall of 2017, my best friend (Hi, M!) taught me to crochet, and gave some yarn, a hook, and a set of knitting needles in case I wanted to try knitting on my own. I piddled here and there; made a few sets of fingerless gloves for me and the kiddos… then put it down in favor of Fallout 4 and Project Diva: Future Tone. (PS4 games, for the non-gamers out there.)
In August of 2018, I decided to try my hand at knitting. I pulled out the set of needles and yarn I had been given, and hit up YouTube for “knitting for beginners”. Chandi at Expression Fiber Arts was the first to pop up, and she made things so easy (and she’s so adorable) that I caught right on! I made a scarf, forced my husband to buy me more yarn, and I was off to the races!
My first big project was to make my parents a blanket for Christmas 2018:
Then I made myself a shawl:
I made a few pairs of gloves:
You get the idea. Suddenly all I wanted was yarn and needles and hooks and more yarn and and and…
Whew! Sorry, I get excited about yarn! Anywho; this kept on until September of 2019, when I discovered Fiber Spider. (Go see!) I found a new love for crochet through watching his tutorials and listening to his calm and soothing voice. I followed his tutorial for the Lost Souls Shawl:
After I finished, I made another blanket or two:
After knitting some beanies and scarves, and crocheting a few more blankets, I decided it was time to try my hand at designing; both knit and crochet. I started with a basic garter stitch worsted weight cowl. As I was fighting with it, I was contacted by Michele at Misfit Yarns to design a pattern for her Drunken Angel colorway. Perfect! I needed a fingering weight yarn for the cowl, so I eagerly agreed and anxiously awaited my happy mail.
Michele’s yarn is so soft, and the colors really pop! With the skein she sent me, I scrapped my original design and designed the Diamond Angel Cowl & Beanie. (You can find both patterns in the Pattern Store!)
Not long after, I started getting order after order, so I decided maybe it was time to streamline the process and open a web store. As a SAHM, I’m glad to finally be able to contribute to the household by doing something I love!
So here we are! Thanks for looking around. I hope you find something you want! If you don’t, click that Custom Order link and drop me a line!
~ Jehn 💜
🌟 💜 SPECIAL THANKS 💜🌟
- Most importantly, to my amazing husband for his unending support and understanding of my passions.
- To my kids for their support, and for their patience when Mom says, “after this row!” 😆
- To my wonderful parents for their support and investment in my dreams; I couldn’t do it without you!
- To my best friend and fellow yarn addict for teaching me, supporting me, advising me, getting me started on this path, and investing so much of herself in Stardream Stitchery. I 💜 my logo so much!
- To all my insta-friends that have supported and encouraged me on my way. You are an amazing community of wonderful people, and I’d love to give each and every one of you a shout out, but this list would go on for miles!
- To my customers, I love making each and every item, thank you for your support!
- To Chandi at Expression Fiber Arts for teaching me how to knit.
- To my bestie and to Fiber Spider for teaching me how to crochet.
- Extra special thanks to Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny, Chris Carter, and Mitch Pileggi for the untold hours of The X-Files that I watch over and over again while crafting. 👽